Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Life Prospects.

Hi all,

I went to two interviews on Wednesday. One was from the second interview I missed the other day (see the entry below somewhere) and the first was for an IT course which was as useful as eating soup with a fork-I just didnt need it! Well anyway I went only because I feel…well, I just wanted to see what it was like, what they had to offer. I wasn’t going to go because I knew it was IT and obviously that’s not the field I want to go in. But, there’s no harm in trying is there now?

So I went and it was useless! But on the up side, the building was nice; it’s a building I would like to work in when I begin my career full of riches and exploration. But for now, its still job hunting galore.

So I finished the IT interview real quick and I had LOADS of time before the next interview. I found the place (the agency) which had the TINIEST most insignificant door I’ve ever seen…but it was blue so I suppose it stood out; when you knew it was there that is.

Anyway I still had loads of time so I found me a cafĂ© Nero and ordered me a Milkshake frappe latte. I sat down on the stool nearest to the entrance (people were smoking and I didn’t think it was wise to smell like smoke when going to an interview). And I sat there and watched. I had a little booklet full of non interesting things in front of me which I glanced at once in a while but in all honesty, I wasn’t interested. I was more interested in the people walking past or into the shop. The thing about me is that I ALWAYS like to be doing SOMETHING if I’m out. I’m not the sort of ‘hang around the streets’ type. I rarely give myself the opportunity to sit and…well, just sit still on my own. I move and observe other people on the move, I observe on my way TO somewhere.

Well, seeing as I had what may have been an hour and a half to do nothing I did this ‘sitting and observing’ (while drinking my milkshake frappe latte of course!). I wish I could say that I saw something I’ve never noticed before but that would be a lie. I sat there and noticed that London was always on the move, never a time to sit and relax and that’s exactly what I saw when I was looking out of that window. People were rushing to places, coming into the shop while glancing at their watches (don’t want to overdo the lunch break), people having a quick smoke etc etc. I saw a few people who were just sitting and having a laugh but they looked young so they were probably students and the adults were wearing jeans and were talking in a foreign language so…there you go. It just seems to me like the more you grow up (and possibly the more money you have), responsibility tends to push out or overpower the things you may do to relax. It’s like you lose the essence of fun because you’re too busy to have fun, you need to get paid and that’s all that matters. Its odd and I think it may be a London or city thing. When I went to Paris (which was a while ago I admit) it seemed like most people were relaxed even though they had work to go to. The streets were not filled with rushing business men and women trying their hardest to reach work on time…it was just…chilled.

Strange, maybe it was just the time that I went…

I don’t think it’s the people, I reckon its more circumstances than anything else. People need to always be on the move because they need to live. We’re in London and you won’t go very far relaxing and having fun, you have to put in the hard work and sweat but it just seems like this is ALL they do. All the people on the lower/middle end of the hierarchy have to take all the work and no fun while the CEO’s and fatcats reap the benefits. Well, I suppose they worked for it right? Most CEO’s had an advantage but I will go into that in another post. It’ a shame in my opinion. It makes me a little sad to see but it happens and we have to accept it don’t we?

Well, no, not really.

I won’t accept it, it’s not the way I plan to live my life, I plan to ENJOY life! And this is exactly what I’m doing right now. I don’t plan on having any regrets about my past, and I hope for those of you who are reading this, the same applies to you too.

“Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.”-Thomas L. Holdcroft

No comments: