Thursday, November 02, 2006

New Job!!!!!!!!!!

Well today I went for an interview for a really big company who do a million and one things. They publish really popular magazines like Heat, FHM etc.


I went for the interview and the lady I would be working with is very nice, we get along so all should be well. I start on Monday and while I am more than happy with this job I wish the pay was way better. Nonetheless its in the media industry and God has provided for me.


I am quite sad that I have to leave my current employer, I mean, as much as I hated the job I did like the people and I'm comfortable now (after 1yr and a bit who wouldnt be?). I'm also dreading my first day at Emap, meeting the new people, starting the role. Hopefully it will all work out well! Im just excited at the doors this job can open for me but only time will tell how it goes....dont you worry, Im still planning to become a millionaire, havent lost sight of that and never will until I am one! But in order to make millions you have to start somewhere and Im starting...


Im also dreading the hours, its standard (9:30-5:30) but thats not really the problem, the problem is getting there and getting back home. Nothing makes a day worse than taking an hour to get to work and an hour (or more!) to get back; frustrating! I can see myself fighting to get on the bus every morning, thats what I dread!!


I will be working between two different buildings, one's in Shaftsbury avenue and the other is in Oxford Street, Mapping road or something so Im working in the heart of London, where all the shops are, where I can spend all my hard earned cash on clothes...hmm, its not such a good thing after all!


Anyway I'll keep updating my blog and write on how the job is going when I start.


"There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why."-William Barclay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go T

Several strikes but it paid off in the end. You can cut your teeth learning all you can on this job then move on to bigger and better.

I recommend though that you spend part of your first pay packet on a compass..and possibly an eye test cos with route planners, tfl guides and even a navigator you can't seem to find your way out of a chip shop.
On second thoughts bin the compass..may have probs using it!
Did I usher you in with congratulations cos its an acheivement..well done!
Aqua