Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Short Update

So I’ve been working for 3 weeks at my new place which has been good so far. This week I’ve been a bit sick but still managed to drag myself into work only to find myself doing nothing of great importance. I still haven’t been trained properly which is starting to get to me because work still needs to be done. My manager is always so busy running between two buildings and people always keep trying to get in contact with her so she rarely has time to train me. I can hardly hold her down! Usually I would be a bit pissed about this but I like my manager and we get on so well but I think that if I’m not trained next week I may have to tell her to actually sit down and do it. Then again, she did tell me that next week IS usually their busiest week. To make things worse I need to tie up any loose ends (and there are a lot) that the guy who was there before me hadn’t done. So I get people calling me up and asking for things I have no idea about.

Anyway, all will still be well.

I do like working there though. The people are alright and the environment is nice (especially because I can occasionally get away with writing emails to my peeps haha!). I went to some gathering thing that my manager invited me too. I didn’t want to go but I thought I should just to see what its like. I had an ok time to be honest and my manager said I stayed longer than she thought I would which is good. At least she now thinks that I’m willing to go to social gatherings and all.

I would like to get my manager to take me around the buildings and show me how the magazines are actually put together, how the radio and T.V. stations work and who writes the columns in the magazine. She said she would so hopefully she will, actually, I KNOW she will, I wont let her forget!

I eventually want to start writing some columns for some of the magazines they publish, but all in good time…

No comments: