Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Cannot Express...

The anger I felt on my way to work today. All was well when I squeezed myself onto the bus. Some stupid man pushed me aside so he could get on first. Usually I wouldn’t let that slide but I did this time. So on we go to our various destinations then, a few minutes later, we hit a COMPLETE stand still. We literally DIDN’T move. As expected people started making their way off the bus, mumbling, kissing their teeth blah blah. I couldn’t move, I was too angry for all that. I just sat there (yes I managed to find a seat) staring. I could have gotten off the bus and walked but it would have been a walk from Elephant and Castle to Oxford Street (it’s a long way), I wasn’t feeling that; wasn’t feeling that at all. So there I sat. This guy next to me kept looking my way, I silently prayed he wouldn’t try talking to me because I really wasn’t in the mood (I rarely am).

Funny thing was, when we got to Piccadilly Circus, despite all the traffic we previously experienced, I looked out the window to see a man in a blue shirt jog into a coffee shop. I looked at the drivers’ seat to see that no one was there. The bus driver decided to stop at a coffee shop to purchase some coffee!!!!! This was a joke, I had to laugh, it was funny. It didn’t matter anyway, I was already late.

Anyway all in all I was about 45mins late for work. What usually is a 30 – 45 minute journey turned in an hour and a half!

I can tell this is going to be a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitly a go back to bed sort of day. I only have to commute to the other room to be at work so I guess I'm lucky.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I used to commute from Putney to Holburn, and just never knew how long it would take.

My hubby (also in Advertising) works in W1 (London) every other week, but now cycles to work..

HB said...

Just shoot someone, it will make you feel much better.

Lady_T said...

lol hb, you scare me and yet you make me laugh!

Matt, the other room? LUCKY!!

Cycling is good but way too scary!

Anonymous said...

The worst thing about public transport is the public.

Hope you had a better day.