Monday, June 04, 2007

Mid - Life Crisis

My birthday's almost here and I’m going to be 23. I really don’t like that age, it’s too old. I’m scared of getting old. I know you’re probably going to say “23? You’re still a baby!” which means you really don’t understand what I’m going through…23 is not young! Yes, I know there’s nothing I can do about it except stop my aging of course but I’m not gonna do that, especially because I haven’t finished what I’m suppose to do here on earth. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do here on earth and this is why 23 is way, way, way too old. Time just keeps ticking away.

I’m too young to have a mid-life crisis you may say, but yet here I am, having one.

There’s a point in your life where you wished you were older, then there’s the point where you’re happy with your age, say around 18 or so, then there comes a point where you think you’re getting too old (that’s me), then you just accept that you’re old, maybe around 50 or so…!

I hate the fact that three of my friends are younger than me (and that includes you AK-man!). I think my main issue is that I’m not where I really want to be and times running out. I haven’t got all I thought I’d have. I remember when I was in primary school, around the age of 10 or so saying to my friends “By the time I’m 18 I’ll have moved out, have a great job blah de blah blah” By the time I was 18 I was doing the opposite. Not a problem though, at least I got me some A –Levels even if the grades weren’t the best. I got an A in Ethics if that counts for anything….which I doubt it does.

I digress.

The term ‘age ‘aint’ nothing but a number’ really doesn’t mean jack to me. I smile when people say that, I nod, but I don’t believe it. I think age is a lot more than a number, why do you think it counts so much? People just say that to make their situation easier to deal with. The saying makes you feel better, but I think deep down we all know the dreadful truth…

Of course I will celebrate my day of birth, after all it’s a gift and I should appreciate it but the fact that I’m getting older and older always lurks in the back of my mind…

14 comments:

HB said...

Get a large bottle of whiskey and get totally wankered on your birthday. Then pop out and get as many hookers as you can... and have fun. You will be too drunk to care, and hookers, well hookers don’t really care about your age, just your money.

Call me; I'll set it up for you ;)

Lady_T said...

HB I swear youre such a bad influence lol. I think I may join pirate school with you actually if they allow women that is....

HB said...

They do allow woman... but you have to be a right slut.

Still up for it?

Lady_T said...

Hmm I'll have to get back to you on that one matey...

Anonymous said...

I thought that until I was 27 - then 27 became my happy age... I loved being 27.

I'm 34 in a week and I'm so having a mid-life crisis!!!!

:p

It doesn't help when Mum says "OMG I have a kid who's 34, how old am I" Thanks, Mum :/

Anonymous said...

PS - you don't have to be a slut to be a pirate - check out what's-her-face from Pirates III (terrible movie but I had to see it with the skids).

She's no slut... a bad actor, maybe, but not a slut!

Lady_T said...

Yea I don't have to be a slut do I? I can fight so thats good enough. I think hb just WANTS me to be a slut for his own naughty pleasures...:P

Ak-Man said...

We talkin about sluts? Pirates? Or age?

Cos i know a few sluts and a few pirates too.

Anyway . . . i know how u feel Toy, my 23rd is just round the corner also. I had my lil early-mid-life crisis also. But age is a mindstate . . . i feel young and I am young.

Not get younger but still young. So I can still get away with doing dumb sh*t like what I did today. But I'll tell you bout that later.

Alex L said...

23... well and this is coming from a 24 year old, yes you are old, but embrace it.... make fun of people who are different complain about immigrants and get a fat government pension... hmmm old!

Mrs Mac said...

23 is a great age. Your 30s will be the best though.
I'm 40 this November.
Didn't think it would bother me at all.
Who me?
Bothered?
Worried?
Ah-ah. NO.

Yeah, like hell.

AAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH

Lady_T said...

Thanks Pope, you see my point!

Helena life begins at 40, so they say...

Ak-Man said...

Life begins at 40?

ARGHHHH!

So when you turn 63 it'll be like being 23 all over again!

NOT AGAIN, NOOOOOOO! LOL

Victorya said...

25 was my bad one. "I'm a quarter of a century old!" I cried.

I just hit thirty and no problem. But 25? no way was I being consoled. From then on age is age.

*sigh*

Lady_T said...

Can't wait to hit 30 as well then, I need to get to the point where age is age!