Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Have you seen...?

Have you seen our 2012 olympic logo? Click here to have a look.
A lot of people think it’s hideous and I can’t say I blame them. It’s a little bright and a little messy for something that took millions....sorry thousands of pounds to produce. I’m sure a bunch of men sat around a table trying hard to think up a logo they felt described London, figures they would come up with this. I thought London prides itself on diversity and multiculturalism, this logo doesn’t represent that. For one, it’s all pink which makes my eyes hurt, I actually have to squint to look at it. I don’t even know how to describe it…Reminds me of maths actually, finding angles and stuff like that.

I do what they do in the movies and tilt my head to the side but I STILL don’t get it…
Edit:

I've just read that the logo is suppose to say '2012'. '20' up top and '12' down bottom. I can see it, doesnt make me like it more though...

17 comments:

HB said...

It looks like clipart.

Lady_T said...

Money well spent then.

HB said...

I hear it cost £200 000 and was done by design agency Wolff Olins.

HB said...

I mean £400 000

Anonymous said...

ew... *reaches for sunglasses*
that's better
ew...
not it's not

They have an expression in Singapore for that one!

"Vomit blood"

Thanks for dropping by my blog, and I was going to say there's heaps to take photos of in London, but if it all looks like that - yuk! :D

Anonymous said...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30100-1269258-1,00.html

Lady_T said...

It did cost £400,000 so they say! That link HB says more about London than the other design for sure.

Ak-Man said...

I didn't imagine it actually looking that bad. For some reason I thought it would look lame but not that bad.

I hope this is a sign of worse things to come!

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia, Lady T

I followed your link from Doug's blog (Scooter Guy).

You have a writing style that envelops the reader with familiarity. I like your approach, and I certainly do like your attention to images. It's a great look, all up.

You've made a terrific start. If I can ever help you with advice, just give me a yell.

If you have no objections, I'll add you to my blogroll of favourite and recommended sites.

Nice, too, to see some familiar names among those who have commented here.

More power to you

David

Alex L said...

Dear god thats wonderful, I've never seen spewtum so incredibly recreated in pop art form. I dont know what people expected though there always hideous. But the color scheme though is quite good, I've always though pink is the color of london.... you know the old saying 'pink in london, flamingos dont die...' ok so no one says that but no they will.

Mrs Mac said...

Someone told me that the logo is really RUDE.
I'll tell you how.
But I warn you, once you see it this way, you won't be able to see it any other. So if you don't want to be looking at a rude picture for the next 5 years, look away now.

Still here? OK-

On the left is a man.
On the right is a woman.
The woman is bent forward a little.
The dot is the man's erm...thingy.
Basically it's a woman performing a "lewd act" on a man.

See it now?

I did warn you!

And I am certainly NOT wearing THAT on any T-shirt!

BTW I couldn't see "2012" either. I thought it looked like a big capital "R".

Lady_T said...

David, thanks for visiting! And yes of course it's OK for you to add me to the blogroll.

Pope, Flamingo's?....lol

Helena I see it, it actually makes the logo a lot more bearable to look at.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lady T,

No worries, adding you to my blogroll now ...

Cheers

David

Movie Mazaa said...

Well.. U do have a point there, Lady T. The logo looks quite errr... like a dyscalculic attempt at numerical formation!
:)

Catmoves said...

I seem to remember my children coming home from 1st or 2nd grade with carefully cut out pieces of colored paper glued to a white background. I wonder what could have brought that thought to mind?

TheChristianAlert.org said...

I guess they never heard of "Keep It Simple".

:-)

Lady_T said...

400,000 for some colourful pieces...classic.