According to pessimistic environmentalist, the media and the government to a certain extent - we’re all gonna die!Turn off your lights, turn off your TV’s, wear a jumper, don’t eat chocolates, walk to work do this don’t do that! Moan, moan, moan. Yea I know its all for a good cause but it’s a bit OTT don’t ya think?
So the next trend is now Global Warming (the caps are used to portray authority). Things need to change and they need to change fast, today if possible. Tony Blair was criticised for refusing to give up vacation flights because of global warming - click here to see the article and try to avoid the advert showing an overweight man shaking hair off his hairy chest (if you dont see it, count yourself lucky). So, he’s being criticised for not conforming to what may be the majority view and has been dubbed a hypocrite because of it. Of course he’s a hypocrite, he’s only speaking his mind and being realistic. He’s trying to fight the causes of global warming whilst taking flights while on vacation. So what’s he suppose to do? Swim?
I think once again, I’m missing something here.
I wonder whether the future is so doom and gloom. Are we really causing as much damage to the environment as they (media, government etc) make out? Or is this just another morale panic tactic to raise the price of everything in the name of ‘the environment’?
I heard quite a while ago that the Earth’s climate changes drastically every millions years or so due to the changing temperature of the sun, the details were vague so I decided to try and check it out a bit (I had time on my hands). This made sense to me. If I break it down, there was an Ice Age on Earth all those years ago and now there isn’t. So for this to happen the ice must have melted which means that there was a point in time where the sun was hot enough to melt the ice, is this not what’s happening now? Aren’t we just going through another of the Earth’s environmental cycle? I’m obviously not a scientist and haven’t done major research in this but it doesn’t stop me having an opinion.
No doubt, CO2 emissions are making things worse rather than better but its not the ONLY reason and some have claimed that it is not the MAJOR reason. Apparently there has been some data ‘fondling’ to make some cases appear a lot worse than it is. Of course the effects ARE worse now because of numerous reasons. Encouraging people to be more environmentally conscious is fine. I suppose we can wear a jumper or completely turn off the TV and not leave it on standby but when it comes to things like charging people for throwing away rubbish and not recycling, it’s not so fair and it becomes something else…maybe bullying. We should have a 'save the earth' day where we minimise C02 emissions as much as possible by not using public transport or cars and therefore, no work!
O well! The only message I’ll leave here is for you to make up your own mind whether to follow the trend or challenge it. Personally challenging it is a lot more fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment