I wonder how the media decides what’s important and what isn’t. How do they choose who gets what coverage and to what extent I wonder.
If you live in the UK or Portugal you’ve probably heard about the disappearance of Madeleine who was abducted from her bed while she slept, she was 4 years old. Where were her parents I hear you ask? Well, they were having dinner in a restaurant near by. In their defence they were checking up on Maddy and her YOUNGER twin brother and sister on regular intervals. I suppose if you leave three kids under the age of 4 in a hotel bedroom, regular check-ups should be enough right?
WRONG!
This is like some form of celebrity kidnapping. It’s famous! There’s even a fund towards the event, I’m not too sure what it’s for though or where the money is going too. I suppose I can research it…I suppose…
Poor Maddy, God knows where she is. As parents they are more than responsible for the protection of their child. How could you possibly leave your 3 children without any form of guidance in a HOTEL room in a FOREIGN country?!?!?? Let’s exclude the fact of the kidnapping. What if they hurt themselves? What if one of them woke up and decided that they want to stick something in an electricity socket? O, I could go on….
I know parents can make mistakes and I can understand the desire to have a break just so they can spend time together but that is what baby sitters are for!
My sympathies lie with the little girl who has had to suffer for her older, seemingly smarter parents who may have cost her her life.
I suppose common sense isn’t so common.
If you live in the UK or Portugal you’ve probably heard about the disappearance of Madeleine who was abducted from her bed while she slept, she was 4 years old. Where were her parents I hear you ask? Well, they were having dinner in a restaurant near by. In their defence they were checking up on Maddy and her YOUNGER twin brother and sister on regular intervals. I suppose if you leave three kids under the age of 4 in a hotel bedroom, regular check-ups should be enough right?
WRONG!
This is like some form of celebrity kidnapping. It’s famous! There’s even a fund towards the event, I’m not too sure what it’s for though or where the money is going too. I suppose I can research it…I suppose…
Poor Maddy, God knows where she is. As parents they are more than responsible for the protection of their child. How could you possibly leave your 3 children without any form of guidance in a HOTEL room in a FOREIGN country?!?!?? Let’s exclude the fact of the kidnapping. What if they hurt themselves? What if one of them woke up and decided that they want to stick something in an electricity socket? O, I could go on….
I know parents can make mistakes and I can understand the desire to have a break just so they can spend time together but that is what baby sitters are for!
My sympathies lie with the little girl who has had to suffer for her older, seemingly smarter parents who may have cost her her life.
I suppose common sense isn’t so common.
EDIT:
I just found this article, the comments, well most of them, reflect my views so it's must read:
2 comments:
Please, it puts fhoto of Madeleine in your Bloggue
Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.
If you have any information, please contact Crimestoppers on
0800 555 111
Please Help
I got that same comment on my blog, I only fleetingly heard of this but it does seem prety sucky parenting to leave the kids alone. But then again what about the hotel security, it must of been non existent.
Post a Comment