Lent had begun some time last month. I say ‘sometime’ because I can’t particularly remember the day but I know I was trying to spread the word. Anyway, I decided that I’d give up chocolate for lent. I mean, I never use to eat that much chocolate anyway – actually, let me rephrase that - I didn’t eat much chocolate a month or so before the lenting period but prior to that I use to have one everyday….at least…Well I thought giving up chocolate for lent would be a breeze. A friend of mine is also doing it with me so I thought we can give each other some moral support and/or counselling if need be. Yea I know you’re suppose to give up something you really like, but giving up is giving up man.
I was very determined when I first started off mainly because I THOUGHT it would be easy
It aint easy.
Chocolate encounter numero un (soon after the beginning of lent): A colleague of mine is on his way to a coffee shop and asks me if I would like anything. No thank you I say, then after about a minute, change my mind. Instead I say I would like a plain croissant. While I ask for this I slowly reach for my bag therefore giving the impression that I wish to extract money from my purse. He then replies oh no don’t worry about the money, its fine…haha sucker!
Any-who it all falls back on me because when he gets back he says sorry Toyin they didn’t have plain croissants so I got you a CHOCOLATE croissant instead, hope it’s OK….
I still ate the croissant (if I didn’t wouldn’t that be rude?) but I ate around the chocolate literally wiping the chocolate off my fingers if they so happen to make contact with the brown stuff. Now, I know this may be a little hard to believe but I promise you, I didn’t taste a single drop of chocolate.
Chocolate encounter numero deux: Get home from a long hard tiring day at work to find a see-through container of Ferraro Roche’s on the table. Once again I had to practice self control and not eat any; this didn’t mean I didn’t fight for some. I did and now they’re sitting in my drawer ready to eat when lent ends. Funnily enough, I’m not tempted by them…yet
Chocolate encounter numero trois: FREE kit-kat chunky in one of our competitor mags…
Chocolate encounter numero quatre: Was feeling a little peckish one evening so I searched around the house and all I could find were biscuits….chocolate biscuits….
Hmph! Talk about fighting temptations…!
1 comment:
Chocolate is a tough one indeed. The Food of the gods!
Keep strong.
Post a Comment